[Shotimes] my idle and rpm's are acting crazy!

Miethos miethos@cox.net
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:42:03 -0600

Ok so the other day I cleaned up my engine with some cleaner of all the
gunk in there, and wiped it all down then proceeded to wash it off with
the hose.. Probably not the best idea on that part.. but everything was
fine and I didn't spray the air intake or anything.  It was all clean
and shiny.  Then I crank her up and my idle is very high.. usually
around 3k now.  It used to idle more about 1k.  So I think its odd but I
go for a drive and I notice that when I speed up then take it out of
gear to coast.. to a stop sign for instance, the rpm's stay almost all
the way up to where I had reved to and slowly, very slowly drop.  Even
after I'm stopped they are still up high slowly going down.  Pushing in
the clutch really doesn't affect the rpm's at all.  They just go high as
I accelerate then will slowly drop when im trying to stop or whatever.

Also I have a very high whine sound coming from the belt area on the
passenger side.  The higher my rpm's go the louder it gets.  Pushing in
the clutch doesn't affect this either, just how fast my rpm's are going
is how loud it gets.  These 2 problems did NOT start together.  The
whine has been there for a long time.

Help!

Joe
93 mtx