[Shotimes] summit mufflers

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:32:57 -0500

They work just fine, I had them on my '99.

BUT.......

NEVER remove the resonator from a V6 exhaust!!! In fact, put in the biggest
resonator that will fit. There isn't a muffler made that will sound good on
a V6 with no resonator.

On my '95, I had a big, fat resonator installed (I never could find out the
make of it), but the car had $10 straight-through glasspacks for mufflers,
and it was a very nice-sounding system with NO rasp.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Brett Lykins
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 3:55 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] summit mufflers

does anybody know just how loud the $15 Summit Turbo Mufflers are.  I want
my car to be pretty loud, so i am not sure if i should get 2 of these
mufflers, or just one.  Also, if anybody has these on their SHO, or has had
them on, should the stock resonator be cut off when i put these on?

after read SHOforum, i found this website, its the Summit mufflers

http://www.shophoenixproject.com/hosting/summit.wmv

i love the sound!!!

Brett Lykins
Maysville, Kentucky