huh? Re: [Shotimes] Hope I put this belt on right...

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:36:36 -0500

Ian,

A 3.2L oil pump on your 3.0 conversion will be no problem.

Robert Bruce
92 w/3.2

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:09 PM
To: Frank SHOrage Costa; George Fourchy; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: huh? Re: [Shotimes] Hope i put this belt on right...

I just got in a little while ago...sifting through
some of yesterday's emails..

I may be wrong here but I don't think I understand
what is being said about the oil pump. Why does it
matter which oil pump you use with regards to how the
timing belt lines up?

With a 3.2 mtx, the belt should line up using the 3.0
marks. This is using the 3.0 spring loaded tensioner.
I don't know if it's possible to use the 3.2
tensioner. I just don't see what the oil pump (3.0 or
3.2) has to do with it. Maybe I missed something or am
I am wrong.. :)

I was planning on using a 3.2 pump for my 3.2 but if
there is a good reason not to, I want to find out
soon.

thanks!
Ian
--- "Frank \"SHOrage\" Costa"