[Shotimes] Vibration or picky...again

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 17:05:06 -0500

> From: cmichaelo@optonline.net
> Date: 2005/03/21 Mon PM 12:00:59 EST
> To: Ian Fisher <dataflash@yahoo.com>
> CC: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: RE: [Shotimes] Vibration or picky...again
>
> Ian,
>
> I don't get it.  What might happen when I pull on the hub?
>
> The hub and bearing are held firmly in place onto the spindle by the hub nut. So I don't see what can be discovered by pulling straight out.
>
> So maybe you mean pulling to the side or up to see if the hub moves?

Actually, if the bearing is bad, pulling the caliper and rotor, THEN wiggling the hub will reveal quite a bit of wobble.  Two different cars, both left front bearings bad.  Weird.  On both, the wiggle test passed with flying colors, and no noise until I pulled the wheel, caliper, and rotor.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)