[Shotimes] SHO engine in an MR2?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:07:57 -0800 (PST)

The V6 Camry Motor complete with TRD Roots blower will
fit in the back of an Mk2 MR2 (91-95). Best bet is to
find a donor 93 non turbo (cheaper and the 93 had a
better rear suspension than the 91-92 although they
can be updated as well). If the Camry motor fits, the
SHO motor may fit as well.

FWIW, Brad Bedell won the Sport Compact Car shootout
with his yellow MK2 with a V6+blower. I believe the
motor weighs more but as a mid engine, it doesn't
completely throw handling off. A good set of coilovers
and suspension tuning seem to correct things.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/V6MR2.html

I don't think a V6 will fit in an MkI but I could be
wrong.

...and yes, this was something I was considering doing
awhile back...I was even on the MR2 lists for quite
awhile (which is how I knew Peter Chase from
somewhere) :)

Ian