[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:00:55 -0600

Cam sensor would give you a hard start. Once the motor is running, it really
doesn't use it. CPS could be bad when it heats up. How old is it? How many
miles on fuel filter? Is it the original fuel pump? Is the CE light on? If
so, pull the codes.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Mike Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 3:30 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

So I'm driving to school this morning.  I took the highway for a change
because of the rain.  Once the engine got up to temp, the car (93 atx)
chose to not run any more.  I was able to get the car restarted and
drove far enough to get the car off the road.

After calling for a tow, waiting for an hour, and having the car brought
to my house, I tried restarting the car.  It was like nothing ever
happened, or so I thought.  The idle was fine for a few minutes until it
got a little rough and acted as though it was about to shut down.  I
shut the engine off before it quit.

So, no codes, no apparent coolant leak to signal a failed CPS, no smoke,
nothing.  Full of oil, transmission fluid smells fine.  I was able to
start the car on the side of the road, but the engine wouldn't run long
enough to put the car into drive.  There was a slight gasoline fume
smell when I was trying to restart while on the side of the road.  I
assume that was just raw fuel that was puked through the engine when it
wasn't firing.  The car cranks fine.

What should I look for?  Cam sensor (I did have a 214 a while ago caused
by a leaky cam seal).  CPS and water pump, other?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Bruce