[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:46:37 -0600

I thought cam sensors were only used for starting?

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ian Fisher
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 4:25 PM
To: Mike Bruce; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

The SHO would always pull crap like that on me before
class. It would never malfunction after class. Stupid
car-I blame my undergrad GPA on the SHO. :)

I suspect the cam sensor. Could be a bad crank sensor
but the cam is easier to swap out and check first.
Less than $40 at AZ. If you want, I can Priority mail
a few used ones to you tomorrow. Did the tach read 0
rpm when you managed to get it started and it was
running rough?  I had a cam sensor fail me in the
backwoods of Poughkepsie NY. Thank god the car started
fine and I drove home to NJ the next day-it was one of
my first SHO malfunctions (the first of many).

Ian