[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:17:18 -0600

Some people who have had CPS failures, me included, have seen the CPS just
momentarily drop out.  In my car the CPS would stop for about 1/4 sec., just
enough for the tach needle to drop to 0 but not enough for the engine itself
to actually stop.  The CPS would quickly kick back in, the engine would keep
running, and the tach needle would jump back to its proper rpm.  My car did
this once, then a month later it did it again, then a month after that it
would not start at all.