[Shotimes] SHO left me stranded... 50 yards from a Ford dealer

Mike Bruce shoitoff@verizon.net
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 19:45:32 -0500

I've finished working and had the car idling for 10 or so minutes on
jack stands.  It looks like the car is at least no worse than it was
before.

I replaced an obviously leaking cam seal and put on a new sensor.  The
car fired up quickly on the first twist of the key.

I was able to get the crank bolt off... for $25.  I just took the car
down the street to a service station.  Little torch action and an impact
wrench.

There is now a new CPS on the car.  The water pump did not foul the CPS,
but it was covered in oil from the front main seal.  I would have put in
a new seal, but I don't have one.  I guess it's on the list for
pre-convention repair.  I couldn't believe it, but the sensor was in
stock at a local store!!

As long as the car passes a road test tomorrow morning, I'll be taking
it down to a dynojet facility before lunch.  I wonder what kind of
numbers I'll see?  The car has the SHO Shop stage two package (Y-pipe,
pullies, LPM, P&P intake, BBB, Dynomax, 80mm Ford MAF).