[Shotimes] Fwd: Re: [HillmanCars] OT - Future dim at GM

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:44:08 -0800 (PST)

Buick ain't going away.

This is old news. The Detroit media carries a lot of info on the Big 3. GM has been described as a pension management company that builds cars on the side.

Rumors of GM being acquired by someone like Toyota have been around for years. From a business perspective, it makes sense, but from the intangible influence of GM in the market, it won't happen.

Those fat UAW contracts that they have caved into over the years are biting them in the arse.

Ron Porter

David Rosicke <d.rosicke@snet.net> wrote:

Jeff:

Delphi, a major supplier to GM and manufacturer of defunct Lockheed brake parts for
Hillman is in even worse shape.
Better buy front wheel cylinders and master/Clutch cylinders now, while they're still
available (from Delphi UK).

Doug Bragg
Baltimore MD

jeff coen wrote:

> This from a market newsletter. I also heard that GM will soon announce
> another death in the family....Buick?
>
> You like puzzles? Then puzzle over this one. GM has a market
> capitalization of $15 billion. But GM has outstanding bonds of $300
> billion. In other words, the market says that GM is worth $15 billion,
> which is only 5% of GM's total debt. GM is now in the hands of its
> bond-holders, as is Ford. Can GM survive? Is GM a bankruptcy? Will the
> government allow GM to go under?
>
> Get this -- the market says that Harley Davidson capped at $17 billion
> is worth MORE than GM capped at $16 billion. Who would have believed
> this five years ago?

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/5lTolB/TM

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/