[Shotimes] Belt Tensioners

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:38:18 -0700

Did you loosen the nut on the pulley first before trying to turn the allen screw?  You need to do that first to "unlock" it.  Your idea sounds like a good one as far as how to remove the existing tensioners.

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: M Khan <jkhan302@yahoo.com>
Date: 03/29/05 04:26 PM
To: shotimes <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] Belt Tensioners

Hello All,

While attempting to change the drivebelts on my 95
MTX, I successfully rounded out the 5mm allen head on
the tensioner screws.  They are frozen up very badly,
I even tried vicegrips around the head of the bolt,
but there really isn't enough room.

My question, what is the best strategy to change the
belts now?, I have a spare set of tensioners, so I was
thinking to cut the belts, remove the tensioners and
swap in the other ones (which are not frozen).

Any opinions?  Anybody run into this before?  How hard
is it to remove the rear tensioner, it looks like the
inner fenderwell will have to be taken out.

Thanks,
Mike
95 MTX
http://mail.yahoo.com