[Shotimes] CAREFUL GUYS : just almost got scammed

Zach Leahy Zach Leahy <leahyz@gmail.com>
Tue, 10 May 2005 07:26:34 -0500

That's a really common scam these days.  Don't even bother to respond
to anyone who says "I have a party that is interested"  If they are
not buying, skip them.  If it sounds a little bogus, or a little
wierd, it's a scam.  I have gotten plenty of those when I have placed
items for sale, just skip them.

If you are really ambitious you can chase the IP (whois database
query) and send an email to the ISP that he uses and have them can his
account.  It works sometimes, but these guys used a lot of tricks to
cover their trails.  Usually if you chase the IP, Nigeria will always
be part of the trail.