[Shotimes] Wheel bearing replacement.

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 12 May 2005 15:07:30 -0500

Bigger is better with a press. It doesn't use all the 'tonnage' unless it
needs it.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of cmichaelo@optonline.net
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 2:36 PM
To: Ian Fisher; shotimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Wheel bearing replacement.

I found this nearby place that replaces wheel bearings.  They have a 40 ton
press.  It's a combined auto/truck parts and repair place.

I talked to the technician about the job.  He was totally aware of all the
issues you guys have brought up earlier.

My only concern now is this 40 ton press.

I have heard that only a 5 ton press is needed to press in the bearings.

Can't he hurt the little knuckle with this monster press?

I didn't drop the knuckles off yet.  He's asking $35 per knuckle (I bring in
the knuckles and supply the bearings.)

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+,Koni/Intrax,Baer,Corbeau
SHO items for sale: http://hometown.aol.com/cmichaelo/for_sale.html