[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:24:12 -0600

I have no clue what pads are on my 540 but after running the whole day at
Gingerman, there was zero pad transfer. I have 2 boxes of Hawk HPS pads
sitting upstairs waiting for some time to put them on though.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
SHOClub Member: http://www.shoclub.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Leigh Smith
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 9:12 PM
To: Zach Leahy
Cc: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Good pads first. Once you run track, and see regular 600-800 degree temps,
normal pads can't cut it. Pad material transfer means the pads were run way
too hot. Most street pads give up at 500. I saw 600 in 3 back-to-back 60 mph
stops. There are some great street/track pads these days that can probably
live to 1100 or so. Better even than track pads used to. They'd be fine.
There are some real high-temp track-only pads out there, but they are too
extreme. True, you should never get any fade, but with some of them you
might have to get them to 500 before the car will stop, and you'll probably
kill the rotors first before you kill the pads. The ones mentioned by Mark
are an excellent in-between choice for a street & track pad.
Lee