update: Re: [Shotimes] uh oh, mtx alt pulley differences?

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Tue, 1 Nov 2005 15:05:49 -0700

If the cases really are the same, that means the armature is different between the two as well as the pulley.  Can you swap the armature from your 93 alt into the 90 case?

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Fisher <dataflash@yahoo.com>
Date: 11/01/05 04:57 PM
To: techsho@topica.com, shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: update: Re: [Shotimes] uh oh, mtx alt pulley differences?

Yup, I'm an idiot.

The earlier pulley has a longer snout on it. I
compared the OEM 90 vs OEM 93 vs 93 UDP

Therefore I can:

1. Install the chrome 1990 alt with an OEM pulley on
it and be done with it.

2. Find a way to get the earlier UDP and use that

3. Install the chrome 90 with an OEM pulley, have my
dying 93 alternator beadblasted, powdercoated and
rebuilt, swap it back in with my UDP and sell the
beautiful 1990 chrome unit.

4. Steal the correct UDP.

hmm..I am going to try to contact Josh or the SHOshop.

I should've gone with the 94-95 3G alternator. =)

Oh well, I learned a few things today!

Ian