[Shotimes] Brake Upgrade time... again

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 00:22:42 -0800 (PST)

And you are complaining about the pedal going away and/or boiling fluid.

The Ford pads are good for OEM pads that can stand up to an occasional track use. For your setup with track tires and more than a couple of track events each year, better pads will do you well. I think that you will have a new respect for the brakes on the car if you get better pads. The big difference is in heat resistance. The Porterfield R4S had no fading for me throughout a session. I have heard the same on the EBC Reds. I also considered running the Porterfield R4 on the track, and those are tried-and-proven good track pads (a bit noisy for the street, and a touch cold-blooded, as I understand).

IMHO, having pads last that long is like saying you got 75K on a set of tires. Nice, but not the optimal performance setup. Better pads, as with better tires, won't last as long, but will work much better during their life.

Ron Porter

Paul Nimz <pnimz@v8sho.com> wrote:
Well with the Cobras that's going to happen right?

I've had this set of brake pads on now for three Gingermans and the
convention......

Paul