[Shotimes] Re: Bad Ball Joints or Wheel Bearings?

Alan Fanning Awfanning@earthlink.net
Mon, 07 Nov 2005 21:02:35 -0800

After shooting my ancient dial indicator with a little WD40 to get the shaft
to slide easily, I laid it against the offending wheel rim at the 6:00
position and measured the play as I shook the wheel in and out from the
12:00 position. I measured around .006-.008 inch play while holding onto the
coil spring to dampen out overall car motion (the raised wheel side of the
car was just supported on my floor jack). I think I'm going to move on to
the next "problem" and leave this one for another day!

    Alan!