[Shotimes] offsets and wheel bearing stress was: RE: RE: RE: [Shotimes] Widebody '94 SHO

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:02:56 -0800 (PST)

I can't speak for rear bearings but those of us who
run Todd Cook's wilwood setup with extra fat rotor
hats do go through wheel bearings fairly frequently
because the wheel is pushed out further from the hub.
On a street car I usually average new wheel front
wheel bearings every 2 years whereas some of the track
junkies replace theirs about once a year.

This is a known issue that even Todd acknowledges. The
fix is to dump the slicers and run thinner rotor hats
which I plan on doing shortly.

Ian