[Shotimes] (OT) C&D Performance Tire test

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 13:27:22 -0500

http://tinyurl.com/7lq5e

I have to hand it to them for trying! As they say, these are tough to do,
which is why they haven't done one since 1989. Plus, some of the evaluations
came out a bit funny (by their own admission). Read the Conti results, after
it came in 2 in their ranking.

They also didn't include some tires that I would expect to see, such as the
S-03 Pole Position, AVS Sport, and possibly event the KDW, since the KD lost
out in the Wet Test (no big surprise).

Anyway, you can't knock 'em for trying, and it does give another perspective
other than the Tire Rack Surveys and tests (even though they used the Tire
Rack facilities & cars, which are probably the best for getting consistent
results).

What I did find interesting is that they used TRs recommended tire pressures
of 29/35 on the test 325is. Sounds low to me for performance driving (versus
street comfort), so I wonder f that would have helped/hurt some of the test?

Ron Porter