[Shotimes] SHO fire/valve cover gaskets.

Mike Murphy murphymike@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:10:17 +0000

You are have real flamed paint job now.     buda bump ching!

Murph

From: Rcno2@aol.com
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] SHO fire/valve cover gaskets.
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:29:15 EST

So, I take my 92 for a spin around the block and notice it doesn't feel
like
its running quite right. I get her home, and pop the hood. I hear a vacuum
leak, which can be traced to the firewall. I crawl ontop the engine to try
and
look for the disconnected hose, find it, and start to reconnect it. Then I
look  down towards the front of the car and see a huge plume of smoke. I hop
off
the  engine, and the alternator has a  foot flame coming from it. Run to the
house fill a bucket with water, and poor it all over the alt, to which the
fire  starts again. The neighbor across the street yells "that doesn't look
good" and  continues to rake his leaves. Fill another bucket and realize,
its
probably  electrical, so I disconnect the battery and poor the bucket of
water on
the alt,  to which the fire goes out. What's the damage? well, check the
resistance on all  the wires going to the alt, nothing faulty there, so I
replace
the alternator,  and the car runs again.... I think I need one of those
flaming
ford emblems for  the back window now....

Also, I need to do the valve cover gaskets. Anyone have a good source on
the
net for these? any companies to stay away from on them? They seem to be
rather pricey, and I only paid 250.00 for the car..so It makes it hard to
pay  200
for valve cover gaskets...LOL I've seen them for around 150.00...anyone know
of a better deal?

Thanks
Erik