[Shotimes] What to buy - replacing springs and struts

Jack Dalzotto dalzotto@mosaiccomputers.com
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:43:53 -0500

Hi All,

The time has come to replace the springs and struts on my 95 ATX.  I
have had a broken spring in the front for a couple years now, with the
old tires I had at least 1/2" of room between the tire and the spring.
With the new tires I got today, I only have about 1/8" clearance.  It
must be done!

I'm pretty certain I'm going to go with Tokico's and Eibachs, but I'm
open to suggestions.  It seems like that combo swaps in nicely, I really
don't want to get into cutting springs, which I hear you have to do with
the Moog cargo coils.  I don't really want to replace it with a SLO part
either.

So if I get the Tokico's and Eibachs, what else do I need to buy?  Strut
bearings, bellows, etc?  I've never done a FWD suspension before, it
looks pretty straight forward though.  I'm just not sure what I can save
and what I should replace.

Looking forward to suggestions, thanks!

Jack
95 ATX