[Shotimes] What next?

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:25:46 -0500

I had this happen about 2 years ago.  It was end of January probably, I just
remember is was very cold out, teens to single digits at night.  I would
drive while holding the stalk back for a few minutes till the car was warmed
up, and the lights would eventually work like normal.  I thought about the
MFS, but I had recently replaced it and didn't have any other problems.
Eventually the problem went away and I haven't experienced it since.  I'm
sure it will happen this winter now that you've brought it up.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Copeland [mailto:doug.copeland@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:09 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] What next?

hi all

If my recent valve cover seal experience wasn't enough fun for this somewhat
beginner mechanic, my car decided to give me another mind teaser. Tonight I
turned off of the brightly lit street I had been driving on to go down a
side road and I noticed something: it was dark. Really dark. So dark that I
realized I had no headlights. I've had this problem a couple of times
before, and before all I had to do was flash the brights and when I would
let go the low beams would come back on. Not so tonight. When I let go of
the wiper switch, the lights went off again. I tried several more times with
no luck. I tried switching completely to high beams, but got no lights. I
tried turning off the autolamp switch and just using the manual one, but got
no luck there either. The parking lights work, but nothing else does. The
only way I could get the headlights to work was to pull the wiper switch
back and hold it while I drove. First thought is that the wiper switch may
be going bad, but I really have no idea. I'm open to suggestions here given
that I need headlights before someone gets mad at me for driving with my
brights and ends up beating up this crawny little guy.

Doug
95 mtx (that is apparently mad at me)