[Shotimes] Name of Bolt head

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:57:36 -0500

Check McMasterCarr, page 2610.  http://www.mcmaster.com/

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of James White
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 12:37 AM
To: Bill Murray
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Name of Bolt head

This is still a Torx bolt, but you need a female instead of a male
driver.

Usually a regular 6 point hex socket will fit, but Camcar/Textron
is famious for having its copywrited/patented stuff a special size
os nothing will fit really well without buying one of their special
driver/sockets.  .

Provided this bolt isn't rusted of otherwise frozen in place a regular
socket should be able to remove it.  Then go to Lowes or Homly Depot
and get a regular hex head bolt to replace the one that you took
out.

regards, Jim White

At Tuesday, 22 November 2005, "Bill Murray" <fordsho@cloud9grafx.
com> wrote:

>I am hoping the list can help me out here.  I have a small bolt
that holds
>the ABS sensor in on my Baer Sport Brakes.  The bolt head is a star
shaped
>head, it looks like the opposite of a torx bolt.  Basically, it
is the male
>version.  The bolt head is the same as the shape of the Torx driver.
I need
>to remove the bolt but I don't know the name of the socket that
I need to