[Shotimes] SHO f***ing hates me, was Re: what's next

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:22:45 -0500

Sounds to me almost exactly what happened when my diff pin went the first
time.  For your sake, I hope it's just the clutch though.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Copeland [mailto:doug.copeland@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 26, 2005 12:12 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] SHO f***ing hates me, was Re: what's next

hey all

well the problem with my headlights was the multifunction switch.  Put a new
one in and it worked like a champ.  So thursday I drove to Rome, Ga to see
family for the holiday, the the SHO ran great all the way up there.  That
afternoon, I left my family's to go home, and after going a mile down the
road the car made a funny noise, so I pulled it over at a gas station.  I
revved the motor a few times, and it sounded fine, so I backed it back out
and started down the road again.  As soon as I started to let out the
clutch, the car started bucking like a mule and making all sorts of ungodly
noises.  I pulled it over again and called the family.  After a few minutes
of talking with my uncle, I tried the car again, only to get the same
results.  I could still go in reverse, but 1st was not cooperating.  After a
few more minutes of discussion, we decided that leaving the car on the side
of the road would be bad, so we would limp it backwards about a mile down
the road to the kroger parking lot.  I started out, and it seemed fine.
About 100 feet into the journey, I started going up a slight incline, and
after a few moments the car made a noise that sounded like teeth bending and
then just started rolling back down the hill.  I pulled it over into some
nice people's yard and they were kind enough to let me leave it there.  I'm
guessing it's clutch time, the only problem is that the car is sitting in a
yard three hours north of me and I don't know any mechanics in that area.  I
considered getting a tow bar from uhaul and pulling it to macon, but then
I'd have the same problem: I don't know any mechanics.  Does anyone know of
any good mechanics in the Rome, Ga area?

Doug
95 mtx

P.s.  Also if anyone has had success with taking their car to a SHO shrink,
let me know.  I think my car has some pent up anger towards me.