[Shotimes] Hood cover, question.

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:34:57 -0500

Mark, that's the conclusion that I came to after briefly using a Colgan bra
on the freshly-repainted '89. I already took that stance with the rear-wheel
"spats" on the Gen 1 (I had those repainted a few times). No matter how
careful you are, the bra will still affect the paint. Getting the hood &
front fascia redone every few years is really not that big a deal to keep it
looking good.

From: Mark Nunnally [mailto:marknunnally@JoiMail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 1:48 PM
To: Ron Porter; 'Jack Dalzotto'; Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Hood cover, question.

> Of course, you know that with the hood piece, all of the rocks now hit the
> hood past the bra (BTDT)!!!

This past week I installed a freshly sanded/painted front fascia on the 92
(looks great).  In fact it looks so good, the leading edge of the hood looks
like crap now (with the various chips and wanna-be touched up areas, etc)

It's amazing how much better the rest of the car looks vs the fascia/hood
and how much of a beating those 2 parts of the car take.  I'll probably end
up painting the hood now to match the fascia.  For a couple hundred bucks,
I'll do that every 7 yrs or so vs putting on a bra (never could get used to
the look of it for me)

mark