[Shotimes] 2006 BMW 330i replaces SHO

Hartberger, Jason M. AT2 (AW) hartbejm@cvn71.navy.mil
Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:01:28 -0400

So I guess you could say then that the harder you run a car in the
beginning, the faster it will run but the sooner it will start dying?
Like speeding up the metabolism of the car, almost... at least, that's
the way I see it. I could be wrong!

   	 V/R

      AT2(AW) Jason Hartberger
      USS Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
      AIMD/IM-3/SHOP 8 (CASS)
      "If you treat smart people like they're stupid, smart people will
treat you like you're stupid. And they will usually be right."

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 2:40 PM
To: 'Carl Prochilo'; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] 2006 BMW 330i replaces SHO

Screw the 4500 limit. Subaru has a 4K limit for the first 1K miles.
Drive it
like you stole it to break it in right.

There are always break-in discussions on forums about that. The take by
many, including myself, is that the mfr will always be conservative, and
if
you have to read the manual to see how to break it in, you deserve the
slow-running car that n overly-conservative break-in will produce.

I have had a my new cars since the late '70s broken in right, and IMHO
they
have all been good-running examples once they were broken in, including
the
current LGT. Another current example is Ryan Dudek wit his new Hemi
Charger.
He broke it I right, and turned a best of 13.84 on a factory stock car
at
the strip yesterday equaling the factory-tweaked 300c that turned the
13.8s
in the original magazine test.