[Shotimes] Battery Cables

Devin Fisher dmf@meumonus.com
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 08:25:49 -0700

I never thought of soldering battery cables!

-Devin

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Zach Leahy
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:48 AM
To: 69crewcab@comcast.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Battery Cables

Your taling about the cables from the battery down to the starter right? If
you are really worried about them, you can just buy some bulk cable from an
auto parts store and some terminals and make them. When you do a trunk mount
battery this is required anyway, I did mine earlier this year.
 One thing is that you really want to use a solder on terminal. Put the
terminal in the vice, heat it up with a propane torch and melt either the
"pellet" of solder you can buy, or just a whole bunch off a roll and when
its all melted and pooled take the stripped cable and stick the end in the
terminal. Let it cool and your done. Takes all of about 5 minutes or less to
go get all the tools and do it this way. Crimp on terminals suck and you
will spend way more time repairing them then they save you in intallation.