Was RE: [Shotimes] RockAuto Shipping is Ridiculous! / Now Aluminum wires?

Bruce Malachuk bmalach1@nycap.rr.com
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 11:16:48 -0400

 So is there a reason Aluminum wire is good or better for making battery
cables. I seriously need to make some battery cables as I have pretty good
voltage drop on my original wires. Just been putting it off cause I didn't
want to buy a 50ft spool of wire.

There is a building materials recycling yard about 10 min away and my
electrician neighbor tells me he has to pay them to take his used wire from
jobs he does. Might that be a good place to find said aluminum wiring?

Bruce J Malachuk

*	94 Opal Frost MTX
*	93 Emerald Green MTX - SOLD
*	93 Black ATX - New Parts CAR
*	95 Silver Frost ATX SE - SLO -Buyer waiting
*	96 TR - Cam Failed parts car :-(

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Paul Nimz
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:10 AM
To: `V6 SHOtimes; Alan Fanning
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RockAuto Shipping is Ridiculous!

If you are referring to the battery clamp terminal the best are also the
cheapest and lightest.  Go to Wal_Mart or elsewhere and get the Penske brand
spring type band terminals.  Get ones with a lug end on them.  Then just get
some common diameter lugs and make the whole system replaceable.

I'm currently got my eye a scrap roll of household type attic #4 aluminum
triplex in the shed.  Was thinking of cutting it up to make new alternator
to fuse box to starter cables.  Need 25' of #1 aluminum to go to the trunk
but haven't been able to get that from anywhere for nothing yet.  :)

Paul