[Shotimes] SHO will not start

MonsieurBoo@aol.com MonsieurBoo@aol.com
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:31:55 EDT

I really love the "Justin" style of checking this stuff.   Irrespective of
what the codes may or may not show, ya just can't go wrong by  verifying there
is physically gas in the rails and physically high voltage in  the spark wires.
 Once you've got that, then it's time to focus on anything  computeroid.

On the one hand I wonder if today's crop of mechanics instinctively goes to
test the physical stuff first -- or just grabs right for the code  reader.
But on the other hand I've watched the kids at a couple of those  mechanics'
olympics where they break five or ten things on each car and the kids  race to
see who can fix 'em the fastest.  It's pretty amazing how they dive  in and get
things working so quick.  Good training for doing things on the  book rate,
obviously!  (At least the "quick" part, if not always the  "working")

Cheers,
Mark LaBarre
94 atx 130k

====================
I've been informed that the crank sensor was ruled out just today.   Next
thing is to take off the Alpine security system (installed by a  3rd
party before I owned it).

-- Ed

Does the fuel pump prime the system when the key is turned to the ON
position, prior to going to START? You should hear it run for a couple of  seconds.
You can put a pressure gauge on the schrader valve, or just push it in  with
your finger to verify the rail is being pressurized.

Are you getting  any spark at all? A good way to check is to just put a
timing light on each plug  wire and turn it over. If it blinks, you've got spark.

-- Justin