[Shotimes] Torque Steer Missing?

Ian Fisher dataflash@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 18:28:15 -0700 (PDT)

Ahhh, t'was a joke! =)

You might have a very reliable SHO and that's great.
To be honest, mine has rarely given me a problem that
couldn't be traced back to something that I did or
didn't do. However, that's part of the SHO experience
for me. I'd rather break it myself than pay someone
else to break it. At least I learn from my mistakes
(usually).

I think that my blue car has been towed 3 times while
in my possession. The first time was to the body shop
as it was missing a front bumper cover when I bought
it. The second time; a caliper bolt disappeared on the
way back from Maryland. I was 5 miles away from home
when the caliper started hitting the rim and making a
godawful banging sound. That was obviously my fault.

The last time it was towed was over a year ago when I
hit a curb and broke a rear control arm and a spindle.
My fault! I've had other issues since then but I was
either in my driveway already or was able to limp the
car home to find out what the problem was.

My prior 94 atx was only towed once that I can recall;
the planetary gearset in my freshly rebuilt (with an
improperly installed transgo) transmission grenaded
and left me stranded. Not my fault. =)

I've had starters die, parts fail, crank sensor
failures, battery problems, and a lot more problems
that some people may never have. I've usually been
able to get the car home without assistance but others
may not be so lucky. These cars are getting up there
in age and stuff does go wrong with them.

Ian