[Shotimes] 94 MTX for sale in Canada

Robert Bruce rbruce@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:16:58 -0400

It is at......
Colony Lincoln Ford
Brampton, ON
http://www.colonyfordlincoln.com

Bob Bruce
92 w/ a mod or two
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/810875

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 4:07 PM
To: SHOtimes; 'v8sho'; TechSHO
Subject: [Shotimes] 94 MTX for sale in Canada

G ot a call from a guy at a Ford dealership in Canada, near Toronto.

They have a 94 MTX, Red/Grey that runs, has 202,900 Kilometers (125,000
some miles?) the brakes are frozen (probably rears from the emergency
brake), and it runs, but it is hard to get in gear.  Salesman says he
has driven the car a few times before the brakes stuck, and said it ran
fine other than the tranny thing.  I told him to check if the bolt that
holds the rod between the shifter and tranny is loose, that can cause
that exact problem.  A quick series of questions seems to indicate that
it isn't the typical worn pressure plate/bearing problem, but the car
runs, doesn't have a hole in the tranny and is in decent shape, a little
rust near the sunroof.  It hasn't been cleaned up, and interior is
dirty, but not real worn.  Seems like it might be worth saving.  He said
the A/C worked.

It has been sitting on the lot for a year or more, and they are on the
verge of sending it to a junkyard, which indicates they don't want much
for it.  The salesman called me hoping to find a home for it rather than
have it junked.

The contact is:

Jason Cullen
905-451-1040

Sorry, I didn't get the city or name of the Ford dealer.

Josh? Ron? anyone else near Toronto want to save a MTX?

If it had a tan interior I might have made a bid, but I just don't have
room for another SHO, although I would like to adopt this one!

Don Mallinson