[Shotimes] Buttons...was: RE: Breaking SHOs..

George Fourchy krazgeo@comcast.net
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:09:17 -0800

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 23:27:15 -0400, Mark Mucher wrote:

>What ever happened to the replacement buttons for the '90+ ETACs?

I don't exactly know.  When she was talking to the folks at the company in China
last summer all the time, it was looking pretty good.  I don't think much has
happened between her and the home front since the first of the year.  There was a
potential order for a mold for some plastic parts for a company in Illinois about to
be made during the Christmas break, but nothing came of that.  It is possible she
has decided not to press on with her local outlet.  She hasn't been home since
January....she comes home from Taiwan next Wednesday, the 12th.

>From what I understood at the time we were talking about it, in August of last year
or so, an order of buttons of perhaps 200 or 300 sets would have been feasible.
It's possible she might have misunderstood me when I was telling her what I wanted
to make.  More recently, in the late fall, she was saying (I think!) that we'd need
to have several thousand sets to make it worth while.  I think I had a potential
order from Al Fitz of maybe 100 sets.

I don't think she knows the real answer, and I don't know if I can go farther up the
line to get the straight skinny, without going over there myself, to ask the
questions straight out to the boss.  It's a LONG way to mainland China.

We'll have to wait until she gets home, and settled...then I'll bring it up.  I
myself haven't forgotten...I just need to find the right time to mention it.

George