[Shotimes] OT - What kind of car are you?

Rich Bruso shoguy_89@cox.net
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:09:32 -0400

> Miata?  I am a Miata!
>
> Stupid test....

   A Miata is a fun autocrosser, though for the street I'd prefer a bit more power.  I swapped seats in his Miata for autocross back when my titanium '89 was having it's 'issues' in '99, and we had a blast trading times.
   As an odd note, after replacing the crank key in my SHO, I could consistently be .5 seconds ahead or behind his Miata on most of the local track layouts, and with the index figured in, I won :)
   The Miata takes quite a bit less absolute concentration and arm waving to get through the cones than the SHO.  One of the others running in ESP had a turbo Eclipse with the stupid engine RPM-based steering assist.  The least boost when revs are high, like when you're trying to keep the turbo spooled while going through a 180 degree corner.  After seeing me run my SHO, he decided to run his wife's '92 SHO.  Times were down a couple seconds, but he had WAY more fun.

-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)
89 Silver (parts)
Sierra Vista, AZ