[Shotimes] RE: Replacing Rear Swaybar Link

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Wed, 5 Apr 2006 21:28:19 -0400

Chris,

The swaybar links have no effect on the alignment.  There is no proper
torque spec except that when it is properly tightened, the bushing diameter
is equal to the diameter of the washers on either side of the bushings.
Just like on a regular shock absorber.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Riedl [mailto:zap@columbus.rr.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:15 PM
To: SHOtimes
Cc: TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: Replacing Rear Swaybar Link

Sign Up for Packet8 and tell your phone company
to VoIP-Off. First Month Free! Then up to 50% off your
phone bill.  Free Equipment! Packet8 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaeE3pb1dhxAb4s4x3a/ TMONE

	I am in the process of replacing the rear swaybar link on my '95 (I

found the issue while attempting to fix my rear brake that is
sticking).  The bottom of the link was completely gone.  I have the
new one in (simple AZ replacement... on a budget here, and it
actually looks better than the stock one) but I cannot find any
torque figures in any of the books I have.  For that matter, does
this affect the rear alignment?  I have a fairly new set of tires and
want to ensure they won't meet an untimely demise.

Thanks,
Chris

Get your VoIP on with Packet8's Videophone.
Crystal clear images of your loved ones. Free Month.
30 day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaeE3qb1dhxAb4s4x3f/ TMONE

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER