[Shotimes] 3.2 Swap Almost done - Starting Problems - Need Help

Jim & Debbie Leyden jndleyden@comcast.net
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:35:23 -0400

It's called Basic Electrical Distribution and makes things MUCH easier to
troubleshoot as well as adding the feature that you can lose non-essential
circuits without affecting mission critical components.  An electrical
system in a car can be likened to the roots of the tree with circuit
protection at the larger branches.  You place all of your large loads and
the small loads that are required to support the large load machinery in a
central location.  Then distribute the electricity to other panels that have
all of the smaller loads in them.  Then some of the smaller loads have
internal protection as well, such as the headlight circuit breaker.
Sitting down with a wiring harness and stripping all of the covering off it
is a real learning experience and has some real head-scratching in it as
well.
Many of the grounds are isolated from each other and only share the frame as
a common bus, the PCM grounds are further separated by functions.  Digital
grounds are kept isolated from the analog grounds to keep the digital noise
from affecting the analog circuits.  The CPS, CIS and DIS share a common
ground that is only tied to the PCM and not to the chassis.

Jim