[Shotimes] Re: white "indiglow" gauge faces

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:24:09 -0500

The gauge overlays are installed in my wife's car and she's happy.   For any
unattached males out there, this means the story's about over.  I've noticed
a couple of differences from the older gauges faces I've got in my '92 SHO
(not sure of the manufacturer in either case).

The gauge faces in my '92 SHO come on automatically with the dash
illumination; they are tapped into full battery voltage and their system
contains its own dimmer.  Those faces cast a general glow (color depends on
setting the dimmer that came with the gauges) across the whole gauge area.
Don't see these faces on eBay any more.

The new gauge faces in my wife's wagon don't come on automatically (they do
shut off automatically) and must be manually turned on with the switch
provided in the kit; and they are wired to and perform appropriately with
the variable voltage coming off the dimmer switch.  Color does not change
green/blue as with the SHO gauge faces.  And the glow is only in certain
areas, not a flood throughout the whole gauge face.  See eBay #8055560193
for an idea what I mean.

Comments welcome.

VO