[Shotimes] Brock Yates/Car and Driver Update

G Kerby Haltom g.kerby@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:24:54 -0700 (PDT)

I let my C&D subscription lapse, partially because I had heard this  was coming. That and the same stuff is in R&T with bigger  pictures.  Yates was/is an PITA, I'm sure, but he game the mag  some edge that the other columnists don't.  I often disagreed with  him, but enjoyed his column.

  I'm sure he'll pop up somewhere, Satch Calson did...

  Kerby

Ron Porter <ronporter@ameritech.net> wrote:  He has always struck me as a very High Maintenance guy (like D.E.D.), and I suspect they just got tired of his crap.

  And, there very well could have been a particular incident that neither side will discusss publicly.

  Actually, I've been reading his column less & less in the recent  past. I felt he was getting a bit stale, and this actually may give him  a fresh perspective.

  I also wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in C&D again when everybody cools off.

  Ron Porter

Mike Murphy  wrote:
  I enjoy reading Brock Yates.

Conspricacy theorists would say ever since he blasted the National
Association of Same Car Racing the left turn guys have been trying to vote
him off the island.

me I dunnoooo :)

Murph