[Shotimes] Clutch replacement in NH/MASS - recommendations?

Mike Claire mike.claire@gmail.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 09:50:23 -0400

Hi all - I lurked here for many years before selling my '93 to my brother a
couple years ago.  The original clutch is finally shot - at about 150K miles
(is that some kind of record?).  He got a quote for $1300 to replace it -
from a guy that's probably never done a SHO clutch before.  My sister-in-law
is telling him to dump the car....

He lives in Concord NH.  Any mechanic recommendations?  What's the going
rate these days for a clutch (I remember planning on $900 but that was years
ago).  Any shadetree mechanics that might be able to handle it for less?

Mike