[Shotimes] Clutch replacement in NH/MASS - recommendations?

Techpriest techpriest@ourlair.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:17:06 -0500

Out of curiosity I asked my mechanic how much the clutch would be on my 89
when it finally went.  He told me $800-$1000 for the stock one installed,
but I could get one with more holding power (forget brand) for $1200-$1400.
I have checked around in the past and he has always been good on price so
anymore I don't bother and just go to him.

My wife also said, "So when the clutch goes we dump the car and get a
different one?"  I told her, "We could buy another car, no telling how long
it's clutch might have left, or we fix the SHO and put that down as one
thing I will never have to do to it again."  It is sad though when a new
clutch and 4 tires totals my car.

Not on topic but....
A brand new (1400 miles) Ford GT showed up at AutoCross today.  WOW!  Seeing
one in a parking lot is cool, seeing one running the cones, simply WOW!