[Shotimes] Rear Wheel Bearings 89

Techpriest techpriest@ourlair.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:48:34 -0500

The passenger rear wheel bearing is going out on my 89.  I knew I would have
to do brakes in a few months so this weekend I plan to put new rotors,
bearings, seals, pads and brake hardware kits on the rear of my SHO.  I am
also getting some Sylglide to lube things up and some new bearing grease
since the stuff I have is pretty old.  I have done brakes on lots of cars,
and even done bearings before, so this should be no big deal if I don't hit
any "gotchas".  Anything special about the SHO that might trip me up?  I am
15 minutes away from the closest parts store so every extra trip is 30+
minutes wasted.

Thanks in advance!

For those following my racing career (chuckle) I had a blast at AutoCross
this weekend, but did not do well at all if times matter.  There were lots
of places on the track I could build up a good head of steam, and managed to
go into all the tight corners way to fast.  While tire-screeching slides
around corners and panic brakes are not the fast way around the track, they
sure are fun!  My 10 year old nephew came to watch and told me, "You did
some great drifting out there!"  My new performance tires were an
improvement.  With 45psi I never ran on the sidewalls, while with my other
tires I was an inch+ down the sidewall with 48psi.