[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:57:25 -0500

Jim,

Odd as it sounds, the Miller cycle engine is for real, in Mazda's top
car a few years ago.  Miller cycle does something with the valve timing
to use a supercharger to help fill the cylinder more efficiently, and
thus a lower compression ratio.  Here is one explanation:

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question132.htm

Here is another:

http://www.mazda.com.au/articleZone.asp?articleZoneID=92

But this engine isn't supercharged from what I can see.

Yea, the curb weight is heavier than our 4WD Silverado pickup!

It is looking more and more like just a flight of fantasy and several
poor choices on the part of C&D magazine.

Don Mallinson.