[Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Dave Kegel d.kegel@comcast.net
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:09:37 -0500

John,

The M series Infinity is a RWD car no?  I  don't think it's the same
platform as  the Maxima, which is FWD.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Jon Heese
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:34 AM
To: shotimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Re: New Ford shooting brake with SHO intake?

Ummm... no.  Practically everyone shares platforms.

Nissan & Infiniti:
Murano ~= FX series
Armada ~= QX series
350z ~= G coupe
Maxima ~= M series

Toyota & Lexus:
Highlander ~= GX series
Landcruiser ~= LX series
Corolla ~= IS series
Camry ~= ES series
Avalon ~= GS series

No one will argue that there aren't many differences between the above
listed cars, but often a very quick look at the two will reveal their
common platform.  The Ford, Lincoln & Mercury cars that share the same
platform are equally distinct (IMHO), and they are all far from the
"same product".

Cars manufacturers have been doing this for 30 plus years.  I don't
think there's anything wrong with it.

Either way, it's definitely *not* an American-only tradition.

Regards,
Jon Heese