[Shotimes] Fuzion Tires

Doug Barrett db.thegreat@gmail.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:50:05 -0500

I'll chime in again on this.  I'm probably the furthest from 'granny
driving' that one can possibly drive.  I constantly have my foot to the
floor, taking corners much faster than anyone probably should, etc. and I
can vouch that those Fuzion tires grab the road better than any other tire
I've used.  Granted I haven't used the Kumho's or Yoko's, but I do not do
any track driving either so I do not have the need.

I did get talked into putting a set of Bridgestone Turanza's (~$150/tire for
those counting) on my '91 for a total of 5 days or so before returning them
for the Fuzion's.  In my opinion, the performance difference was negligible
at best.  I'm quite happy with them and don't regret my decision one bit.

And as mentioned before, these are good 9 month tires because the car can't
move with those tires the other 3 here in WI.

-Doug B
'91 White/Black MTX
'93 Silver/Black ATX

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Ron Porter
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:17 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Shotimes] Fuzion Tires

Define " good tires, and especially good value". If you want high mileage
with granny driving.....fine.

If you want good hard street/track performance, they won't do it.

The cheapest decent track/street tire is the Kumho 712, then the Yoko ES100.
The Kumho MX can also squeak in under $100/tire in that range.

Beyond that, there isn't a decent performance tire under $100. And NO....as
in ZERO....all/season tires qualify.

And, as I have learned from first-hand experience over the years, many SHO
drivers drive like my 89-year-old dad, so most ire recommendations for the
SHO are worthless to me.