[Shotimes] Fuzion Tires

Zach Leahy leahyz@gmail.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:14:13 -0400

Ron,

I think the performance depends on your driving conditions a lot.
Sure for a warm day in the summer a summer only tire is the best
choice, but a lot of them have temperture restrictions as well as snow
restrictions.  Look at the details and a lot of them are recommended
for use in ambient temps over 40F or so.  Sure they still work under
those temps, but the general recommendation is to go to an All season
at that point even if it is summer only driven.

I won't say Ron that all season tires are the best in track or dry
performance, but I think discounting them entirely is wrong.  I ran
Kuhmo ASXs at the last Gingerman event and they were great.  Sure, not
quite as good of grip, but the feel of the tire was very consistent,
and there was no excessive abnormal wear.  While not a track tire for
sure, it does not mean they cannot be put on the track
I found their performance suprisingly good.  I had a set of race
rubber, and sure they are much better, but for the price these are not
as bad as you imply.

I will be out on them again at the next gingerman (next week!), and
you are welcome to drive a few laps on them and see what you think.
Again, I'm not one to say that they are as good as a summer-only tire,
but they do perform suprisingly well.  I believe I got passed one time
the entire day at gingerman... and that was by Kirk running in the
wrong group.