[Shotimes] Speedo Error... was: My MPG Test is Working!!

Sean Simons sisimons@gmail.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 04:05:02 -0700

Perhaps the GS has the "wrong gearing" for gas mileage on purpose. Rather,
to improve it's 0-60 performance to look good on paper. Changing the wheel
size is an easy way to change that balance, as far as I can guess. Tyler
Garlock was able to pick up a lot of time at the drag strip when he put drag
radials on his SHO. Of course, there was extra grip, but they were MUCH
smaller than his regular wheels. I'm sure the size made a difference.

Sean Simons
black '89 "Super Geek SHO"