[Shotimes] CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON; NEED CODE READER RECCOMMENDATIONS

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:26:35 -0500

Pull the codes. Go to www.shotimes.com and read how to do it. If you clear
them, it will come back.

Paul L Fisher

Visit my website: http://www.paul-fisher.com
Amsoil dealer: http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of jfkoper1@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:59 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON; NEED CODE READER
RECCOMMENDATIONS

Hello all,

My bCheck Engineb light came on as I was returning from the convention. My
first thought was bO2 sensorsb, but Ibd rather not replace them until I
can verify if that is indeed the problem. It takes about 3-4 minutes after I
start the car before the light comes on and stays on. It comes on every time
(hot or cold engine, makes no difference). I did blow out a baffle or
developed a hole in one of my mufflers because of the track time in Memphis,
but I donbt know if this is related to the CE light or not.

I changed both O2 sensors about 50K ago. The car is a 1992.

Rather than spend $75 for a diagnosis, I want to invest that in a code
reader
of some sort. Does anyone have any recommendations for a code reader? Where
is
a good place to get one and what sort of price am I looking at? Anything
good
from $100 to $200?

Say an O2 sensor is the culprit. Does a code reader allow me to clear the
code
so the bcheck engineb light stays off?
 Thanks!

Jim Koper