[Shotimes] I'm looking for another SHO, having trouble finding the right color

Rich Bruso shoguy_89 at cox.net
Wed Dec 13 13:50:43 MST 2006

   I can tell you that with a dremel, a ruler, and a bit of time you can get the keypad installed.  The KEY thing to get is the wiring plug that attaches the driver's door to the body.  It is different between keyless and non-keyless first gen cars.  They look the same until you look to see which connectors are actually wired.  If you are transplanting to a non-keyless car you'll need both halves, and will likely need to splice into the body wiring harness.  It was a while back, so I can't recall exactly.
   As for price on paint, I had a really nice job done to my car for $1800.  That included stripping the hood to bare metal (deep crevasses in the paint, very poor prior job) as well as some chip repair and pulling about two dozen minor dings.  They also pulled the interior panel on my old silver door to do a complete door respray to black.  I was 110% happy with the job they did, too :)
   Beware color resprays.  Make SURE they quote the price to get the fender lips, trunk lip, and door edgings color matched, too.  Otherwise, you'll end up with a nice black (or whatever) car with red stripes in those spots.

--
-Rich Bruso
89 Black (Lola)