[Shotimes] Rod Bearing Change @190K miles

Mark Nunnally Mark Nunnally <marknunnally@joimail.com>
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:39:39 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

>I dispute that
>premise based on the factory owners manual and the fact that when the car
>was built the national speed limit was 55 MPH.  In a SHO MTX 55 MPH in 5th
>gear is less than 2000 RPM.  This tells me that it is perfectly acceptable
>to run a SHO motor at less than 2000 RPM.

True but at steady cruise you aren't in the throttle very hard, TPS voltage is small.

The 1st torque peak is at 2900 rpm, and oil pressure increases dramatically above 2000 rpm.  50-55 mph is a pretty common speed on SR60 coming into work here in the mornings, and I never leave 4th gear.

Besides, in the "open", who drives 55 mph anyway :)

mark