[Shotimes] Rod Bearing Change @190K miles

bjshov8 bjshov8@comcast.net
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:25:09 -0600

My gen3 is similar.  There is a side street near my house that leads to the
freeway, 1 mile long and straight, but the speed limit is 30.  If I drive
along at or close to the limit, with just enough throttle to maintain speed,
the engine is turning pretty slowly and doesn't like it, meaning it doesn't
run smoothly.  I didn't know if this was due to the low rpm, or just a quirk
in the engine management such as an incorrect mixture or spark timing.