[Shotimes] Rod Bearing Change @190K miles

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 02 Feb 2006 12:41:39 -0600

Dave,

Honest to God, if you have a SHO V8 with an automatic that will take a
full 50% of throttle to go out of lock-up and kick down at about 25mph,
(try it with just little throttle applications, not jabing it) then
there is something wrong with the transmission.

I have never had ANY automatic, even some modified 60's chunks of iron
that would behave like that.

NEVER been able to get severe engine shake and distress from any
automatic equipped car like we are talking about.  My car pulls away
smoothly from that speed even without kicking down. Any engine that
hammers with Lugging above 1300 or so rpm, even ancient carb and points
cars, has something wrong with it.  My car is super smooth and contented
in any test trying to get anything approaching lugging to happen.  And
it is just a normal car

If you have cars that behave that way, then I believe you, but you must
know that this isn't normal behavior for any properly functioning automatic.

Don Mallinson